commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: [docs] draft of "building components" page
Date Mon, 01 Aug 2005 19:58:06 GMT
On Mon, 2005-08-01 at 08:56 +1000, Brett Porter wrote:
> Phil Steitz wrote:
>
> >Agreed.  Unfortunately, I don't think the artifact plugin supports
> >prompting.  Probably better in any case to pass this on the command
> >line (though that is still not too good).  Brett?
> >

> Yes, command line is better, but as Robert says still not great. Working
> on a secured storage and keyboard input for m2, and could bring that
> back to Maven 1.1.
>
> Another alternative is to use scpexe:// instead of scp:// which requires
> you have scp on your path. It's a bit slower due to forking, but allows
> you to use an ssh-agent.
> If anyone is up for commons-sshagent that can talk to openssh and/or
> pageant, please let me know. I have read Jsch doesn't currently have
> anything because Java can't communicate with domain sockets, but that's
> about all the research I've been able to do this far.

did a small amount of digging (probably only enough to know you're
right)...

(sadly) commons-sshagent would probably need a commons-native-pipes
(with url scheme?) first to do the unix domain sockets or named pipes.
think that mod_jk2 does domain sockets so maybe there's something could
be extracted from there but my c is very, very bad...

- robert