commons-dev mailing list archives

From Hans Gilde <>
Subject RE: [jelly] 1.0-final problem wrt tag caching
Date Mon, 15 Aug 2005 00:49:22 GMT
Yes, you're running into a fundamental problem: there's no difference
between the "cache" and the mechanism that tags use to look up their

The interface solution will be a partial fix, because tags that are never
looked up by their children, never need caching.

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Libbrecht []
Sent: Saturday, August 13, 2005 6:31 PM
To: Jakarta Commons Developers List
Subject: Re: [jelly] 1.0-final problem wrt tag caching

Indeed... it is running by me as well but I am fully puzzled.
I had added, after your commit, in my version the following which I
believed was innocent... it wasn't: In, replace
     Tag tag = (Tag) threadLocalTagCache.get(t);

     Tag tag = null;
       tag = (Tag) threadLocalTagCache.get(t);
Indeed, otherwise, the tag is only cleared at the start of next run.
Well, precisely this change made everything fail by me.

I'll have to evaluate further for more tags-that-wish-caching but for
now... fine!