commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Richard Wood" <richard_w...@nobilitas.com>
Subject Digester XML rules and more complex pattern evaluation (XPath)
Date Wed, 10 Aug 2005 06:23:44 GMT
Hello

Didn't get any feedback in the user group. I'll try this one hoping that
somebody might have an idea how to solve...
A digester problem.
I'm trying to trigger different rules depending on the value of an
attribute.
Something like this

xml
<X type="a"/>
<X type="b"/>

xml rules
<pattern value="X@type='a'">
..do something
</pattern>
<pattern value="X@type='b'">
..do something else
</pattern>

The patterns are using XPath similar notation.

How can I extend the existing DigesterRuleParser so that I can add my own
"pattern matching" method?
I'm guessing I would have to write my own extension of RulesBase.
But how can I combine an instance of MyRulesBase with FromXMLRuleSet and
DigesterRuleParser?

Help would be much appreciated
Thanks
    Richard