commons-dev mailing list archives

From Niklas Gustavsson <>
Subject Re: [proposal] exec support in commons
Date Wed, 27 Jul 2005 23:24:00 GMT
Hi again,

I never got any reply to the answers below so I'll try again :-)

If you still exec support of interest, what would be the appropriate way
  to proceed to either:
1. donate the code to an existing Commons project (possibly as a biggish
2. create a new project ("exec") using the code as a starting point.
3. some other way

I'm not a Apache commiter but would of course be happy to work by
commiting patches.

Niklas Gustavsson wrote:
> Stefan and Brett,
> great that you like the proposal! I'll read up on plexus-utils and will
> also take a look at Peters work with Ant2.
> Now, given that you are both busy and I'm not an Apache commiter, how do
> you propose we move forward on this? I'm aware of the process for
> contributing patches (as per
>,would this be the
> best way for me to contribute my existing code and future updates?
> /niklas
> Stefan Bodewig wrote:
>> On Wed, 08 Jun 2005, Niklas Gustavsson <> wrote:
>>> I very much like the support for this in Ant and have extracted that
>>> code and removed all Ant specifics for some of my other projects. I
>>> would be happy to contribute and maintain this code should you be
>>> interested.
>> +1 sounds like a good idea.  I'm willing to help porting any
>> improvements made to this code over to Ant and vice-versa.
>> But like Brett I'm swamped at the moment, so don't expect any
>> immediate help.
>> Stefan

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: