commons-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Libbrecht <p...@activemath.org>
Subject Re: [jelly] 1.0-final problem wrt tag caching
Date Tue, 26 Jul 2005 16:10:33 GMT

Le 24 juil. 05, à 23:33, Hans Gilde a écrit :

> Got it, thanks. I was the one who accidentally removed isCacheTags(),
> sorry.

By no means, I was the one and that is not so accidental.
(I remember somewhat warning about it)

Allow me to comment on the following, I think there's a deep issue here!
> Previous behavior was for each call to TagScript.run() to use a new
> tag instance.

That is precisely a problem in several cases and tags should be "free
to choose this".

- I believe Swing's ActionTag cannot address its containing component
if the tag is gone away.

- I believe it is natural for the states of an http-client tag to be
stored in the tag and not need a variable for this (e.g. for cookies)

- I remember it was a problem in define-tags but cannot nail this down
correctly now.

I still believe that tags should, most of the time, be cached and would
rather encourage end-do-tags-like clear of beans for things where it
makes sense.

What does ant do ? I think it also caches them.

paul