commons-dev mailing list archives

From Niklas Gustavsson <nik...@protocol7.com>
Subject Re: [proposal] Commons Exec
Date Fri, 29 Jul 2005 15:29:41 GMT
Dion Gillard wrote:
> My reason for asking, is that it's a common requirement to execute
> various commands either locally or on a remote box, preferably by just
> providing a host name and access method (e.g. ssh).
>
> It's very useful sometimes to abstract away the location of the
> executed commands.

Ant has a concept of CommandLaunchers which implements different ways of
executing commands based on the environment. For example, the
WinNTCommandLauncher prepends on the "cmd.exe /c" before executing the
command. Possibly, remote execution could supported in a similar way.
However, with the current implementation there is no way of configuring
the CommandLauncher (like providing the hostname or cipher spec).

/niklas