commons-dev mailing list archives

From Kohsuke Kawaguchi>
Subject [javaflow] Knowing when there's nothing to continue
Date Thu, 28 Jul 2005 00:10:12 GMT

It looks like the other discussion is going to take longer, so meanwhile
I have a few other simple changes.

- Continuation.getContext() is typed as Object while it can be
   ContinuationContext. I think using a stricter type is desirable, hence
   the change.

- minor javadoc elaboration on the semantics of getContext().
   This is a developer visible 'API' from this method, so it needs better
   I have a feeling that you might not like it, but I think I need to
   learn your taste by a trial & error process. So bare with me for a

- Lastly, right now the continueWith method always return a non-null
   Continuation object, even if there's actually nothing to continue.
   Using such a Continuation object next time around causes an error.
   This isn't good. I think the caller needs to be able to tell if the
   continueWith method returned because the "thread" has suspended, or
   because the "thread" has completed.
   I modified the execute method to return null if the latter.

Let me know which change you are OK with and which change you aren't.
I'll commit accordingly.

Kohsuke Kawaguchi

View raw message