commons-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <heg...@med.uni-marburg.de>
Subject Re: [lang] Clover coverage of text.VariableFormatter
Date Wed, 27 Jul 2005 06:19:08 GMT
Jörg Schaible wrote:
> Gary Gregory wrote on Monday, July 25, 2005 9:13 PM:
>

>>Oliver (or others):
>>
>>There is just one line of code marked with a "?" by Clover in
>>VariableFormatter. The rest of the class is covered by the unit tests:
>>
>>http://people.apache.org/~ggregory/commons-lang/2.2-dev/docs/clover/
>>
>>I am not sure if this would be fixed by using the latest
>>version of Clover but it means that we do not have 100% for
>>VariableFormatter and it sure would be nice to get there.
>>
>>Can you shine a light on this or see if you can get that last
>>line to get covered?
>

> This means, that there is within this line more than one execution path e.g. typically
for ?: expessions or complex logical expressions. Clover is aware, that you did not test all
the paths and neither mark the line as totally tested nor as untested.

> - Jörg

In our special case this would mean that not all conditions of the
while-loop are triggered, right? These conditions test for the existence
of a variable start token and of an end token after that. Looking at the
unit tests I think that all possible combinations of existing and
missing start and end tokens would be covered.

Is it possible that because of the short cut evaluation of boolean
expressions some pathes are never executed? Just a guess.

Oliver