commons-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Oxspring <roxspr...@imapmail.org>
Subject Re: [CLI] two different versions of commons-cli-1.0.jar?
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2005 10:07:07 GMT
Torsten Curdt wrote:
>>> Replacing the bad 1.0 on ibiblio with the correct one will make  things
>>> even more confusing I think. People who have already downloaded  the 1.0
>>> will not get the update (including maven users where the bad jar is
>>> cached in ~/.maven/...).
>>>

>> But then at least what we have advertised as cli 1.0 would be the
>> version that we released officially and new integrations with
>> dependencies on that *released* jar will be built correctly.  We need
>> to acknowledge this problem on the web site, but getting the 1.0
>> version on ibiblio the same as the version on the mirrors seems better
>> to me than leaving things in the state where they are.  Again, could
>> be I am not looking at this the right way.
>

> Could we come up with a decision on that one?
> I think it's important to fix this.
>
> Replace or delete the bogus 1.0 jar?
Personally I think this should be done ASAP - at least its stops the problem
from be being spread further.

> What's left to do for the 1.0.1 release?
We need to copy the 1.0 tag and get it buildable again.  The changes to the
common maven config have meant that this tag is no longer buildable against
the current setup and I haven't had much luck getting a working copy into the
correct historical state to build using the old one.