commons-dev mailing list archives

From Nigel Rantor <wig...@wiggly.org>
Subject [CLI] Negative numbers and quoting
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2005 12:04:32 GMT

Hi all,

I've had a bit of a root about and can't find anyone mention of this in
the docs or on the MARC archives.

I'm using CLI for a few things and I'd now like to be able to have an
option accept negative numbers.

I looked for docs on the parsers and basically found nothing other than
the "Usage Scenarios" which while useful as an into aren't really
detailed enough to qualify as documentation.

So I played with quoting negative numbers in different ways and had no joy.

So, here I am. How do I get a PosixParser to accept negative numbers as
the value for an option? Is this simply not supported by the parser? Are
there better parser docs somewhere? Could they be linked into the site
if they're not?

Cheers,

p.s. Keep up the good work