commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <>
Subject Incubating the Sandbox
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2005 01:53:36 GMT
[Spawned from thoughts on the Commons Csv component proposal]

How does the following sound:

* Move the Sandbox over into the Incubator project.

* SVN commit rights remain the way they are currently.

* Jakarta Commons and Apache Incubator come up with a simpler
checklist of exit conditions than in general use in the Incubator [see].

* Creation of a single mailing list: or some such name.

* Move the Sandbox website into the Incubator space. Keep the same
Maven generation technology, except for the page on the actual
Incubator website linking to the Sandbox site.

* J-C and Apache Incubator come up with something to deal with dormant
sandbox entries.

Some may be asking the question....why?

* Taking Sandbox components through the Incubator will help us with
legal issues we might find in a new piece of code, or in communicating
the ASF way. It'll definitely help with occasions when we get a large
blob of donated code.

* 'Firewalling' the Sandbox components from Commons will drive the
creation of a simple checklist for promotion, and improve management
of dormant components.

* New mailing list for the sandbox items might help us focus on them.

[All my own silly ideas, we're not under any pressure concerning the
sandbox that I've been aware of]

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message