commons-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <>
Subject [Jakarta-commons Wiki] Update of "Logging/UndeployMemoryLeak" by CekiGulcu
Date Wed, 27 Jul 2005 19:08:28 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by CekiGulcu:

  model by keeping component libs inside the component will mean this problem never
+ == Comment's by Ceki Gulcu ==
+ Simon, I've enjoyed reading your article. Cognizant of the memory leak
+ problem you mention, the version of log4j which is currently CVS HEAD,
+ does "not" include a context selector based on class loaders. The only
+ selector which is included is based on JNDI. Unless I am missing
+ something, ContextJNDISelector does not cause memory leaks. Previous
+ versions of log4j (e.g. 1.2) did not ship with any selectors.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message