commons-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Jakarta-commons Wiki] Update of "FileUpload" by SchalkNeethling
Date Wed, 27 Jul 2005 08:14:31 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by SchalkNeethling:
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-commons/FileUpload

   ||Add your questions/answers here.||

+ """Q""" Very often when we try to upload a file (several types such as jpeg, ppt etc.) we
get
+ an error message from Internet-Explorer "page cannot be displayed"
+
+ Not always but very often (absolutely not reliable).
+ We don't see any error messages, neither in apache nor in tomcat (as if there had
been no request at all).
+
+ Apache is configured to redirect all non-SSL request to SSL, but I think
+ that shouldn't cause any problems because that happens only once (the user must first log-in,
then go
+ through several dialogs before he can upload, thus the redirection is done much earlier).
+
+ Except that, everything is very stable.
+
+ Any ideas?
+
+ """A""" The reason was Internet Explorer needs the following in Apache:
+
+ SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" \
+          nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown \
+          downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0
+
+ Zsolt
+