commons-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Jakarta-commons Wiki] Trivial Update of "ProposalSandboxPruning" by MartinCooper
Date Sun, 24 Jul 2005 21:11:43 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by MartinCooper:
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-commons/ProposalSandboxPruning

The comment on the change is:
Fixed typos.

  = Proposal Sandbox Pruning =

- A proposal for better sandbox managed emerged from discussions at ApacheConEurope2005. Here
IIRC is the consensus. Hopefully, folks with better memories will dive in and correct any
mistakes.
+ A proposal for better sandbox management emerged from discussions at ApacheConEurope2005.
Here IIRC is the consensus. Hopefully, folks with better memories will dive in and correct
any mistakes.

  Of course, other folks are encouraged to improve the proposal but it might be better to
post to commons-dev about any major changes (so it can be discussed) rather than just diving
in.

- == Rational ==
+ == Rationale ==

- The sandbox contains many components which are no longer active. This confuses users. It
increases the time required to checkout the sandbox. It also makes it more difficult for folks
not familiar with the commons to see that we're demonstrating oversight.
+ The sandbox contains many components which are no longer active. This confuses users. It
increases the time required to checkout the sandbox. It also makes it more difficult for folks
not familiar with Commons to see that we're demonstrating oversight.

  == Formal Process ==