commons-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Jakarta-commons Wiki] Update of "MathWishList" by AlexGraesser
Date Tue, 05 Jul 2005 11:37:05 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by AlexGraesser:
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-commons/MathWishList

     * I don't understand; we already have some storage-less statistics.  What am I missing
from the post you refer to? -- AlChou
     * Oh, I remember now that with the standard deviation algorithm I researched, in order
to maintain a '''rolling window''', it would have to store all the data in the window so it
could delete the least recent one while adding the most recent one.  Sorry for the denseness.
-- AlChou
   * Provide FFT's. -- AlChou
-
+    * do full implementation like [http://www.fftw.org/ FFTW] -- AlexGraesser
   * [[Anchor(summerofcode)]] Numerical Enhancements (Summer of Code Proposal)
     * performance tuning for matrix computation and add more decomposition methods
     * univariate integration (Romberg is what I have in mind)