commons-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <skitch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Bugzilla RESOLVED vs CLOSED
Date Thu, 28 Jul 2005 13:00:17 GMT
On Thu, 2005-07-28 at 14:16 +0200, Dennis Lundberg wrote:
> Here's a snippet from the bugzilla help regarding the STATUS of an
> issue. It explains it well.
>
> RESOLVED
>      A resolution has been taken, and it is awaiting verification by QA.
>      From here bugs are either re-opened and become REOPENED, are marked
>      VERIFIED, or are closed for good and marked CLOSED.
> VERIFIED
>      QA has looked at the bug and the resolution and agrees that the
>      appropriate resolution has been taken. Bugs remain in this state
>      until the product they were reported against actually ships, at
>      which point they become CLOSED.
> CLOSED
>      The bug is considered dead, the resolution is correct. Any zombie
>      bugs who choose to walk the earth again must do so by becoming
>      REOPENED.

Yes, but the thing is commons doesn't have a QA dept.

> Actually I wasn't searching for these using a filter at all. When I was
> going through "Bug report for Commons [2005/07/25]", I was adding
> [component] in front of the ones that was missing it.

I believe there's a script that automatically does this. Certainly
emails regularly get posted to the dev list which just fix the subject
line, and they always come from one person [whose name I can't
remember]. If it's being done by hand they are very persistent...

> So I now think that, from a bugzilla point of view, the issues can
> remain at their current status. But the "Bug report" e-mails, on the
> other hand, probably needs some tweaking.

You are suggesting modifying the script that generates the "Bug report
for Commons" emails to ignore RESOLVED issues for commons? I would
definitely agree with that.

Regards,

Simon