commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: [CLI] two different versions of commons-cli-1.0.jar?
Date Tue, 26 Jul 2005 22:46:00 GMT
On Tue, 2005-07-26 at 23:10 +0100, robert burrell donkin wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-07-26 at 23:56 +1200, Simon Kitching wrote:

> > > big +1
> >
> > Then I suggest that someone call a proper vote on doing this (this
> > thread isn't really a vote thread). The initial email should list the
> > exact tasks that are going to be done (see my recent email for a
> > suggested list).

i've posted a vote thread containing the only action required for
oversight. i attached the replacement vote with it since they would
probably need to be executed together.

i'm willing to start VOTE threads for the other proposals but i might
not be the best advocate:

it would be possible to roll a binary-only 1.0.1 without license worries
but i'm no longer so sure what this would achieve (but it's very
possible i missed the point)...

i would like to see the bogus jar made available as a dated snapshot but
i don't have karma...

simon: you've thought through the permutations carefully. i'd be
grateful if you could outline what other actions we could take that
might help users.

- robert