commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: [CLI] two different versions of commons-cli-1.0.jar?
Date Tue, 26 Jul 2005 22:10:44 GMT
On Tue, 2005-07-26 at 23:56 +1200, Simon Kitching wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-07-26 at 13:46 +0200, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> > On Mon, 25 Jul 2005, Brett Porter <brett@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> > > Thanks. I'm still in favour of putting the correct one from the dist
> > > back.
> >
> > big +1
>
> Then I suggest that someone call a proper vote on doing this (this
> thread isn't really a vote thread). The initial email should list the
> exact tasks that are going to be done (see my recent email for a
> suggested list).
>
> Once the vote passes that someone should then go ahead and do it.

most of the proposed actions require only lazy consensus. however, i
can't actually remove the jar just yet and a vote would tidy probably
tidy things up. i'll start this on another thread.

> > > If anyone has problems using the original 1.0 where it used to work,
> > > I suggest a 1.0.1 release can then be worked on.
> >
> > +1 again.
>
> I don't understand this at all. People have built against a
> snapshot-of-unknown-date mistakenly labelled 1.0. Building a 1.0.1 based
> on the 1.0 code won't produce something that can replace what they built
> against. And building a 1.0.1 based on HEAD won't produce something that
> can replace what they built against.

the original jar could be made available from ibiblio as a dated
snapshot provided that someone with ibiblio karma is willing to upload
it. i have no worries about the authenticity of the jar.

- robert