commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <rdon...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [CLI] two different versions of commons-cli-1.0.jar?
Date Sun, 24 Jul 2005 15:11:00 GMT
we (torsten, stefan, peter and others) talked about this at apachecon.
we really need to remove the (unofficial snapshot) commons-cli-1.0.jar
from the java-repository. i plan to do this soon. i'll post a summary to
repo and pmc before acting. i will also prepare some kind of
announcement and post it widely.

this is going to cause difficulties for users. as discussed previously,
they will have been building and using a snapshot rather than the
correct release. their builds may well be broken. i would prefer to have
some kind of plan in place to try to reduce the damage.

it would probably be easier to work out a plan by IRC (if people are
available) than continue this long email exchange. i'm not sure where
the maven folks hang out these days so hopefully brett will be able to
jump in with a suggested venue and time.

- robert