commons-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <skitch...@apache.org>
Subject [CLI] Re: svn commit: r219178
Date Fri, 15 Jul 2005 11:51:41 GMT
On Fri, 2005-07-15 at 13:24 +0200, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> On Fri, 15 Jul 2005, <skitching@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > +  <gumpRepositoryId>jakarta</gumpRepositoryId>
>
> I don't know what this is used for, but Gump would call it
> jakarta-svn, jakarta is the old CVS repo.

Hmm..well, Digester has "jakarta" here (that's where I got the info
from) and it builds fine in gump. But if you're really sure this needs
to be updated I'll do it (and digester too).

> > +      <name>The Apache Software License, Version 1.1</name>
>
> You mean 2.0, don't you?

No I don't. This is a re-release of the 1.0 code with the version number
updated to 1.0.1.

As described, the purpose of this release is to fix a problem with a
commons-cli-1.0 file floating around that actually contains a snapshot
not the real 1.0.

There is no intention to touch any .java file in any way as part of this
release, including updating the license info. Ideally, just the version#
in the project.xml file would be updated, then RELEASE-NOTES and
index.html updated to describe the 1.0 snafu then the new release made.
Unfortunately commons-build.xml has moved on, and commons has moved to
SVN, etc. So a few other build and doc-related tweaks need to be made.

Regards,

Simon