commons-dev mailing list archives

From Hans Gilde <hgi...@optonline.net>
Subject RE: [jelly] 1.0-final problem wrt tag caching
Date Sun, 24 Jul 2005 21:33:21 GMT
Got it, thanks. I was the one who accidentally removed isCacheTags(), sorry.

-----Original Message-----
From: peter royal [mailto:proyal@apache.org]
Sent: Sunday, July 24, 2005 4:28 PM
To: Jakarta Commons Developers List
Subject: Re: [jelly] 1.0-final problem wrt tag caching

On Jul 24, 2005, at 5:02 AM, Hans Gilde wrote:
> So I'm looking at your test, and it looks like one should expect this
> behavior (the test should always fail). Have you tried this test on a
> pre-leak-fix version of Jelly? I'm going to do so tomorrow.

Yes. This test mimics a regression from an earlier RC that I ran into
when upgrading Jelly in my application.

Previous behavior was for each call to TagScript.run() to use a new
tag instance.

> This isn't the same caching problem reported by other users. That
> problem is
> caused not by repeated invocation of the same script, but by
> something that
> is causing the same TagScript to be sued for two XML tags. This
> makes the
> second instance use the variables from the first instance.

When we fixed the ThreadLocal memory leak, JellyContext.isCacheTags()
was also removed. It is that function and the code in TagScript.run()
that checks it that I restored.
-pete

--
peter royal