commons-dev mailing list archives

From Craig McClanahan <craig...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [site][email] Broken link on Jakarta site.
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2005 16:27:09 GMT
SVN is the current source repository for all Jakarta Commons projects
(proper and sandbox).  The CVS repository was frozen at the time that
migration to SVN took place, and is in read only state as a
convenience for people that still had references to it.

As for nightly builds, I run them for nearly all the commons packages
... but cannot for email because the developers haven't provided an
Ant "build.xml" script where "ant clean dist" succeeds -- it compiles
ok, but fails in the unit tests, and the script is set up such that
this fails the build.  The portion of the build output documenting
this failure:

    [junit] Testsuite: org.apache.commons.mail.HtmlEmailTest
    [junit] Tests run: 6, Failures: 1, Errors: 1, Time elapsed: 3.807 sec

    [junit] Testcase: testGetSetTextMsg took 0.154 sec
    [junit] Testcase: testGetSetHtmlMsg took 0 sec
    [junit] Testcase: testGetSetMsg took 0.001 sec
    [junit] Testcase: testEmbed took 0.678 sec
    [junit] Testcase: testSend took 2.24 sec
    [junit] 	FAILED
    [junit] Unexpected exception thrown
    [junit] junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: Unexpected exception thrown
    [junit] 	at
org.apache.commons.mail.HtmlEmailTest.testSend(HtmlEmailTest.java:302)

    [junit] Testcase: testSend2 took 0.694 sec
    [junit] 	Caused an ERROR
    [junit] javax.mail.NoSuchProviderException: smtp
    [junit] org.apache.commons.mail.EmailException:
javax.mail.NoSuchProviderException: smtp
    [junit] 	at org.apache.commons.mail.Email.send(Email.java:822)
    [junit] 	at
org.apache.commons.mail.MultiPartEmail.send(MultiPartEmail.java:224)
    [junit] 	at org.apache.commons.mail.HtmlEmail.send(HtmlEmail.java:227)
    [junit] 	at
org.apache.commons.mail.HtmlEmailTest.testSend2(HtmlEmailTest.java:380)
    [junit] Caused by: javax.mail.NoSuchProviderException: smtp
    [junit] 	at javax.mail.Session.getService(Session.java:750)
    [junit] 	at javax.mail.Session.getTransport(Session.java:689)
    [junit] 	at javax.mail.Session.getTransport(Session.java:632)
    [junit] 	at javax.mail.Session.getTransport(Session.java:612)
    [junit] 	at javax.mail.Session.getTransport(Session.java:667)
    [junit] 	at javax.mail.Transport.send0(Transport.java:148)
    [junit] 	at javax.mail.Transport.send(Transport.java:80)
    [junit] 	at org.apache.commons.mail.Email.send(Email.java:818)
    [junit] 	... 18 more

Craig