commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dion Gillard <dion.gill...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [jelly] distribution format
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2005 02:10:53 GMT
I think we've stabilised what Jelly 1.0 is and will be.

Out of the bug entries, a lot (35/63) are not for the core. And hence
unrelated to the 1.0 release.

There are a few issues which could change Jelly significantly and we'd
agreed to not make those part of the 1.0 release.

If that means a 2.0, that's fine by me.

On 6/14/05, Simon Kitching <skitching@apache.org> wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-06-14 at 13:12 +1200, Simon Kitching wrote:
> > And
> > the lack of bugzilla entries and user/development questions also implies
> > that Jelly is fine as-is.
>
> umm .. the lack of Bugzilla entries is probably because Jelly uses
> Jira :-(.
>
> Jira has quite a few bug entries (73).
>
> It looks like there are quite a few bugs that really should be addressed
> before a 1.0 release because it looks to me like they have the potential
> to change Jelly behaviour - after a 1.0 release, that would mean going
> to 2.0 I believe.
>
> On the other hand, we need to consider that Jelly have any regular
> maintainers. And if Maven2 moves to Marmalade (marmalade.codehaus.org)
> instead of Jelly the developer pool will drop even further. So saying no
> to a 1.0 release now may mean saying no to a 1.0 release forever -
> despite the fact that Jelly is clearly useable for many purposes right
> now. I don't know which is the best choice...
>
> Regards,
>
> Simon

Bernard Shaw