commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Gary Gregory" <>
Subject RE: [lang] Release Candidiate 8 available
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2005 23:31:53 GMT
True, if had not thought of the commons-build dependency. In this case,
passing Ant builds and tests is enough I think.

From: Steven Caswell []
Sent: Wednesday, June 01, 2005 3:01 PM
To: Gary Gregory
Cc: Jakarta Commons Developers List
Subject: Re: [lang] Release Candidiate 8 available

It looks like checkstyle.xml is the file that is required and that is no longer used. It is easy enough to copy
checkstyle.xml into the source distribution, but that alone won't enable
maven site:generate to be run on the unzipped source. Various pieces of
the maven setup require commons-build to also be available, so I'm not
sure that it is necessary that the source distribution pass
site:generate. I think passing test:test should be sufficient.

I propose we wait until after the release and then remove There should be plenty of time from there to
verify it really isn't used.