commons-dev mailing list archives

From Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE][VFS] commons-vfs 1.0 RC1 available
Date Thu, 30 Jun 2005 18:02:23 GMT
Hi Simon!

Thanks for taking the time to check this all!!
>Perhaps you could post your public GPG/PGP key so the signatures could
>be checked too?

Did you mean the KEYS file within the distribution? Or any other place?
>=== src.tar.gz
>
>The NOTICE.txt file is missing from the src distribution.
>
>A RELEASE-NOTES.txt file should also be included.

Ok, will look at it.
>The unit test classes are shipped with the source distribution (as
>usual), but running "maven" reports:
><output>
>test:compile:
>    [echo] No test source files to compile.
>
>test:test:
>    [echo] No tests to run.
></output>

All test are excluded as they need a complicated setup of some services.

bin-distribution:
>* no NOTICE.txt or RELEASE-NOTES.txt as for src
>* no NOTICE.txt in jar's META-INF
Is it optional to have it in META-INF or in the root?

> ... Documentation ...
All documentation problems fixed for next release (RC2) as suggested.

>Public interface o.a.c.vfs.FileName generally omits the scope
>declarations (ok, as all declarations are implicitly public in an
>interface). However there is one method "getRoot" explicitly declared
>public, which is a little inconsistent.
Ok, will change it. I prefer to explicit declare modifiers.

>=== final comments
>
>commons-vfs looks like a very impressive piece of work! Congratulations
>to all the developers!

Thanks!

Ciao,
Mario