commons-dev mailing list archives

From Ramiro Pereira de Magalhaes <rpm_mail...@yahoo.com.br>
Subject [email] FIXED commons-email tests for nightly builds script
Date Wed, 15 Jun 2005 04:31:23 GMT
Craig,

after having some fight with the commons-email project I discovered the
problem that breaks it: you're compiling the project with the
<javamail_path>/lib/mailapi.jar package instead of
<javamail_path>/mail.jar (check the build.properties file). The first
one does not have the necessary Providers (in this case the SMTP
provider) required by Dumbster, the fake mail server used for testing.
The other one does. Once I fixed this, all tests passed.

My source of information was
http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-10-2001/jw-1026-javamail.html,
quoted below:
"The |mailapi.jar| file contains the core API classes, while the
|pop3.jar| and |smtp.jar| files contain the provider implementations for
the respective mail protocols. (We won't use the |imap.jar| file in this
article.) Think of the provider implementations as similar to JDBC (Java
Database Connectivity) drivers, but for messaging systems rather than
databases. As for the |mail.jar| file, it contains each of the above jar
files, so you could restrict your classpath to just the |mail.jar| and
|activation.jar| files."

I hope this helps make things move again...

Ramiro Pereira de Magalhães