commons-dev mailing list archives

From "J.Pietschmann" <j3322...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: [math] FW: [interest in] SummerOfCode2005 "commons-math" project
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2005 20:17:43 GMT
Uzhgorod wrote:
> When i was speaking about the Graph Library I meant the algorithmistsc
> implementation of a powerfull package for operations with graphs as
> mathematical object (graph - a set of vertexes, and a set of edges and a
> function which for two given vertexes returns "true" if they are
> "connected" )

There's already jakarta commons graph2, although it could certainly
use a new contributor. You might also want to check freshmeat for
various projects, a quick search for java based packages gives
  http://www.jgraph.com/
  http://jgrapht.sourceforge.net/
  http://openjgraph.sourceforge.net/
  http://web.mit.edu/bshi/Public/nv2d/
  GraphMapper (appears to be dead)
There are various packages in other languages, including a very
sophisticated C++ library.

If you could afford it, I'd be rather interested in an OSI
licensed Eclipse plugin similar to OptimalJ
  http://javacentral.compuware.com/pasta/
preferably with some clever UI which leverages the graphic
representation of calls/dependencies for refactoring (I can
hopefully point you to several papers for ideas).

Or build a really good graphic page flow visualization for
Cocoon's flow, also as Eclipse plugin. :-)

Regards
J.Pietschmann