commons-dev mailing list archives

From Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>
Subject Re: [vfs] directory traversing with webdav
Date Mon, 13 Jun 2005 06:48:47 GMT
Torsten Curdt wrote:
>Yes, it also needs to encode other characters as well.
>
>The current version not only chokes on spaces
>but also on german umlauts like (ä,ö,ü) and
>probably more.

Yes - and now it gets even worse. How do the static URIUtil.encodePath
know which encoding should be used?
Even if UTF-8 is the defacto standard we finally need to pass down the
charset attribute too.

I will see if I manage to change the WebdavFilenameParser to use use
URIUtil.encodePath with the charset parameter.
This needs to be sorted out before the 1.0 release.

Ciao,
Mario