commons-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: maven.compile.source was: [vote] Release Commons Jelly 1.0 based on RC3
Date Mon, 13 Jun 2005 01:29:23 GMT
Phil,

Right - I should have pointed that out about forking. Really, the plugin
should automatically fork if executable is set...

For the manifest, this just indicates that the executing JVM was used to
build the JAR and manifest.  It doesn't seem that useful to fork this
with an old JDK - you could write those manifest entries yourself based
on the JDK you selected.

In Maven 2, I'd hope that you would be able to select an entire external
tool chain and apply it consistently so this doesn't happen.

Cheers,
Brett