commons-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [vote] Release Commons Jelly 1.0 based on RC3
Date Sun, 12 Jun 2005 02:58:45 GMT

Stephen Colebourne wrote:

|> ================================================================
|> [ ] +1, indicating tested/reviewed and in favour of releasing it
|> [ ] +0, indicating in favour of release, but have not reviewed the
RCs explicitly
|> [ ] -0, in favour of a release, but have a problem with the RCs that
should be corrected first
|> [ ] -1, not in favour of a release, there is something still to be done.
|> ================================================================
|

| -1

Are you opposed to a release, or just a release in that form?

| The NOTICE.txt file is not included where it needs to be.

fixed

| It is missing at the root of the zip, and it is missing from each
jelly jat file.

Some of those JAR files were already released that way last year. I
haven't ever heard of this requirement before, but it is in the zip and
the main JAR now.

| Some jar files are build with JDK1.5 (according to the manifest).
commons-jelly-1.0.jar/commons-jelly-tags-xml-1.1.jar.

But compiled for JDK 1.3, as Simon mentioned.

| A nice to have would be the conversion to windows line endings of some
files. At least the README and LICENSE at the top level would be nice.

done

| Another nice to have would be the xdocs in the src download. This
allows users to build the website locally.

done

| I was also surprised to find the whole website in the bin zip. I would
have expected just the javadoc. However, this is more of a project issue.

Jelly is more than just a library, it is also an application. While the
whole website shouldn't be necessary, I'm not going to go splitting it
up at this point into site and documentation. I believe it is
appropriate to include documentation beyond javadoc, however.

Preparing another RC now...

- - Brett