commons-dev mailing list archives

From Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>
Subject Re: [vfs] directory traversing with webdav
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2005 18:21:13 GMT
Torsten Curdt wrote:
>>Oh, I see, I thought you mean VFS should throw this exception in general.
>>Sure, just for findFile this could be possible.
>>I'll see what junit mean to your suggestion ;-)
>>

>Seems to work for us.
>Would be great if you could add it to trunk.

Just one thought: java.io.File behaves in exact the same manner as VFS
do currently.
I am a little bit surprised about this, but now I am not sure if I
really should change it in VFS as a user might expect the same behaviour
as in javas File implementation.
So please give me an additional push ;-) to really change this.
Would be great if other VFS users could comment on it too.

>The traversal does not work correctly when there
>are space (I assume special characters in general)
>in the directory name / URI. Seems like the traversal
>is missing a call to the URI encoder.

The encoding thing drives me crazy too.
However, could you please try to change the following in
WebdavFileNameParser

-        return super.encodeCharacter(ch) || ch < ' ';
+        return super.encodeCharacter(ch) || ch <= ' ';

If it works I will commit it.

Thanks!
Mario