commons-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Curdt <tcu...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VFS] OutOfMemory Exception on large files
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2005 09:55:40 GMT
>> Ok ...thanks for the pointers - will see what I can do
>>

> Feel free to contact me if there is something else I can help with.

Thanks, mate

Michael came up with a workaround. Instead of
using a ByteArrayOutputStream we use a temp
file and a FileOutputStream. Of course is not
really that great because of the io overhead
but at least it can cope with big files.

He is currently looking into a Piped version.
Or what do you think how should we solve this?

cheers
--
Torsten

PS: shall we post the patch to bugzilla?