commons-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [jelly] proposal: taglib/core releases
Date Wed, 08 Jun 2005 23:09:03 GMT
Sorry.....

I saw square brackets, "release" and +1's from the jelly developers and
saw that as a green light. My mistake.

I was going to come back and follow the doc to do the distributions and
so on, as I had run out of time last night, but I'll hold off here for now.

- pull these all back down again, start again with an RC3 vote?
- put up a retrospective [vote] thread and once ok, finish the RC2
release from the tag.
- use the published JAR (it is in java-repository, so is under dist but
not on the downloads page or up as a tarball) as an RC in the
traditional sense according to the commons doc and put forward a vote
for 1.0.

I'm in favour of the last one as it is closer to the commons doc, and I
never liked the practice of naming something a release candidate when it
isn't really ready for a final release anyway.
That will depend on whether the other Jelly people think it is ready -
I'm only able to look at it from Maven's perspective. Along those lines,
if anyone else is interested in preparing the releases, please say so. I
can chip in the time to get it done or help if needed, I was just
stepping up here because everyone else seemed busy.

Cheers,
Brett