commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremias Maerki <dev.jerem...@greenmail.ch>
Subject Re: [csv] Creating a CSV component
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2005 09:26:19 GMT
I must say that I agree with Henri that this merits its own component.
IMO it doesn't fit into [lang] and would look strange within [io] or
[codec]. CSV is a topic that comes up every now and then and if this
could be solved once and for all then a separate component would be
justified if only for it to be easily found which it wouldn't be if it
were hidden in one of the existing packages.

Too bad I don't have time to help. CSV stuff bit me more than a couple
of times in the past. Thanks to Henri for putting some energy into it.

On 09.06.2005 06:09:13 Kevin Gessner wrote:
> > <snip>
> >
> > Another question is where the code should go. [lang] and [io] have
> > been suggested, as has a [csv] component. I'll go as far as to say
> > that [csv] is the direction we should go and see if anybody disagrees
> > :)
>
> Some sort of CVS utility sounds like a smashing idea.  But I
> respectfully disagree with your placement, Hen.  I don't see why we
> would need a whole new component for something that comfortably fits
> into [io] or [lang].

Jeremias Maerki