commons-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Cooper <mfncoo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What about webapp commons?
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2005 16:00:22 GMT
On 6/14/05, Oliver Zeigermann <oliver.zeigermann@gmail.com> wrote:
> Oh, yes? Isn't a new subproject a bit too heavy weight? Anyway, if no
> one wants a commons web component it I will shut up. Is that really
> the case?

You might want to catch up on some of the earlier discussions on this
subject. ;-) The point is that servlets, filters, listeners, and
related utilities don't really fit the charter of Jakarta Commons.
Since there isn't a good place for those things to go today, the
proposal on the table is to create a new WebApp Commons subproject. In
addition, since Jakarta Taglibs is not in the best of health, the idea
is to invite Taglibs to become a part of the new Webapp Commons
subproject, potentially revitalising that community as well.

I have just sent a feeler out to the Taglibs folks to see what they
think of the idea. I'll report back when there's news. ;-)

--
Martin Cooper