commons-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <skitch...@apache.org>
Subject [all] licenses compatible with APL2.0
Date Tue, 28 Jun 2005 05:33:59 GMT
Hi,

I'm looking at fixing some issues with commons-logging unit tests by
adding a couple of classes that enhance junit. In one case this means
copying-and-pasting a dozen lines from junit.framework.TestSuite into a
local class.

JUnit is published under the Common Public License 1.0
  http://www.opensource.org/licenses/cpl.php

As there are already many cases of calls from APL2.0 code to junit
methods, I would assume that the CPL 1.0 is declared compatible.
However:
(a) is there a list somewhere of APL-compatible licenses?
(b) does a dozen lines in a unit-test-related class justify putting
    credit to junit in the NOTICE.txt file?

NB: This question is only theoretical at the moment, as I'll be posting
the patch for feedback (including possible rejection).

Regards,

Simon