commons-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <skitch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [io] release?
Date Fri, 24 Jun 2005 11:05:35 GMT
On Fri, 2005-06-24 at 10:20 +0200, Torsten Curdt wrote:
> >>My vote would be to just remove it. There wasn't a huge amount of
> >>interest and if I'll be the only community on something, it's much
> >>easier for me to have it sitting in osjava. It's always available for
> >>the ASF if anyone is ever interested.
> >

> > Even easier would be to create a directory in svn under "branches", or
> > maybe a sibling directory to tags/branches/trunk called "etc" and move
> > the code there. "svn mv" is a very useful command.
> >
> > It is then trivial to move it back into the trunk later.
>
> Well, we just need a decision ...maybe let's have a quick vote?

I think consensus has been reached that it should not be in the next
release. Other than that, I believe whoever is going to do the work gets
first choice of exactly how that is achieved!

I think you should just go ahead and do whatever you think the right
thing is - delete it, move it or leave it as-is but exclude it from the
build.

The code can't be "lost" no matter what you do; subversion takes care of
that :)

Regards,

Simon