commons-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <skitch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Betwixt 0.7 Release Candidate 1 Now Available
Date Thu, 23 Jun 2005 21:37:23 GMT
On Fri, 2005-06-24 at 08:59 +1200, Simon Kitching wrote:
> One unit test failed with Java 1.3 (debian sarge):
>
> Testcase:
> testIntrospectionTimeTypeWrite(org.apache.commons.betwixt.io.read.TestBindTimeTypeMapping):
FAILED
> (Unequal node names) expected:<call> but was:<latinName>
> junit.framework.ComparisonFailure: (Unequal node names) expected:<call>
> but was:<latinName>
> 	at
> org.apache.commons.betwixt.xmlunit.XmlTestCase.testIsomorphic(XmlTestCase.java:214)
> 	at
> org.apache.commons.betwixt.xmlunit.XmlTestCase.testIsomorphic(XmlTestCase.java:312)
> 	at
> org.apache.commons.betwixt.xmlunit.XmlTestCase.testIsomorphic(XmlTestCase.java:312)
> 	at
> org.apache.commons.betwixt.xmlunit.XmlTestCase.xmlAssertIsomorphic(XmlTestCase.java:175)
> 	at
> org.apache.commons.betwixt.xmlunit.XmlTestCase.xmlAssertIsomorphicContent(XmlTestCase.java:128)
> 	at
> org.apache.commons.betwixt.xmlunit.XmlTestCase.xmlAssertIsomorphicContent(XmlTestCase.java:105)
> 	at
> org.apache.commons.betwixt.xmlunit.XmlTestCase.xmlAssertIsomorphicContent(XmlTestCase.java:96)
> 	at
> org.apache.commons.betwixt.io.read.TestBindTimeTypeMapping.testIntrospectionTimeTypeWrite(TestBindTimeTypeMapping.java:232)

I modified the test briefly with some println statements, and it looks
like another case of different property order in the output. Method
testIsomorphic doesn't seem to be working correctly in this case.

But anyway, is it really a good idea to allow the output to vary
according to what the JVM-of-the-moment decides? Perhaps betwixt should
always sort properties by alphabetical order so that behaviour is then
identical across JVMs....

Regards,

Simon