commons-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <skitch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [jelly] distribution format
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2005 01:40:53 GMT
On Tue, 2005-06-14 at 13:12 +1200, Simon Kitching wrote:
> And
> the lack of bugzilla entries and user/development questions also implies
> that Jelly is fine as-is.

umm .. the lack of Bugzilla entries is probably because Jelly uses
Jira :-(.

Jira has quite a few bug entries (73).

It looks like there are quite a few bugs that really should be addressed
before a 1.0 release because it looks to me like they have the potential
to change Jelly behaviour - after a 1.0 release, that would mean going
to 2.0 I believe.

On the other hand, we need to consider that Jelly have any regular
maintainers. And if Maven2 moves to Marmalade (marmalade.codehaus.org)
instead of Jelly the developer pool will drop even further. So saying no
to a 1.0 release now may mean saying no to a 1.0 release forever -
despite the fact that Jelly is clearly useable for many purposes right
now. I don't know which is the best choice...

Regards,

Simon