commons-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <skitch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT][Betwixt] Betwixt Release 0.6.1 RC3 Available
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2005 22:29:41 GMT
On Thu, 2005-06-09 at 20:08 +0100, robert burrell donkin wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-06-08 at 15:08 +1200, Simon Kitching wrote:
> > On Mon, 2005-06-06 at 22:35 +0100, robert burrell donkin wrote:
> > > The first public release candidate (RC3) for Betwixt 0.6.1 is now
> > > available for download:
> > > http://people.apache.org/~rdonkin/commons-betwixt/. Please check and
> > > report any problems ASAP.
> >
> > I've run clirr to analyse the differences between releases 0.6 and
> > 0.6.1. It all looks good. You might want to include this in the RC
> > information so people can see that there are indeed no binary
> > incompatibilities between these releases...
> >
> > http://people.apache.org/~skitching/betwixt-0.6-to-0.6.1-clirr.txt
>
> i ran clirr (too) using maven. i had hoped that it'd produce a neat
> report that i could include in with the release documentation (but i
> couldn't make it do so).

Clirr is only half-finished unfortunately. Perhaps when commons-logging,
digester and beanutils releases are all out the door I might have some
time to get back to it.

Despite the very plain output layout, however, it does provide useful
information when preparing a release. In particular, any
binary-incompatible changes should show up plainly in the output.

Regards,

Simon