commons-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PGP] New Sandbox component
Date Wed, 11 May 2005 07:15:40 GMT
On Tue, 10 May 2005, Martin Cooper <mfncooper@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/10/05, Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@apache.org> wrote:

>> Somebody with commons karma will have to add pgp to the externals
>> of trunks-sandox at one point.
>
> Can you elaborate, please?

I can try 8-)

> What needs to be added to what, exactly?

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/commons/trunks-sandbox/ is
more or less empty but has an svn:externals property that pulls in the
trunks of all sandbox components.

Since the directory is not a "subdirectory" of sandbox, you need
commons "proper" karma to add a new component to it.

I don't have that karma.  Something I could change easily (using the
super-human "oh, I happen to be Gump's PMC chairman" power) but don't
want to.  Until the pgp component gets promoted to proper, there is no
reason to grant commit access to me or Matt.  When it gets promoted,
we'll vote on promoting Matt and myself at the same time.

> And when is "some point"? ;-)

As soon as we have something to build and want to make it available to
Gump.  Could be earlier, but no need to rush.

Brett may even overcome his hate-relation with svn:externals and do it
for us ;-)

Stefan