commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dakota Jack <dakota.j...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Commons Filters
Date Tue, 31 May 2005 22:15:28 GMT
I think that you will find there is plenty of interest in this, Frank.
 I do think that there are a multitude of Filters out there already
that are really good, but it would be nice to run that code through a
community filter for improvement and comment.  I use a Zip filter as
well as a Cache filter religiously.

I still don't get what the relationship to this and the WebDav stuff
is.  I think if you build it they will come.  I don't know about the
connection to commons logging.  I would build the logging more generic
than that.  And, I would stay clear of any ties to any other packages
that are not necessary.  That is my proclivity, as you know.

Even if there were some monolithic (larger, whatever), webapps
commons, I would prefer myself to have an independent filter commons.
I think those large package ideas are contrary to the usefulness of
the commons packages myself.

~Dakota Jack~