commons-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Libbrecht <p...@activemath.org>
Subject Re: [jelly] SOLVED: Maven issue with Hans memory leak patch
Date Sun, 01 May 2005 18:32:12 GMT
Le 1 mai 05, à 19:36, peter royal a écrit :
> On May 1, 2005, at 9:09 AM, Brett Porter wrote:
>> I've solved this problem. One of the jelly tags was relying on a new
>> instance being created, but the instance is now being reused. Note
>> that
>> the tag is the same call from the same script, so I assume that this
>> is
>> valid, so I have made the tag not be stateful and it fixed the Maven
>> problem.
>> Does anyone know if this is correct behaviour?
> Sounds correct to me :)

Yes, this sounds also correct to me...
I think the assumption that a new instance of tag-objects be created
was correct if one would set not to "cache" tags (using the formerly
available setCacheTags method); this was probably the default.
SInce the thread-local fixes, all tags are cached and...

I am wondering wether there would be wish to bring back the method
setCacheTags and actually disable caching in some circumstances. I
would rather say it's better to keep it out as it makes life-cycle
easier to write for tags (and one can still clear the contexts).

Brett, I'm really looking forward to your commit (which will include
Hans' patch, then, correct?).
 From there on we should hunt for 1.0!

paul