commons-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Caswell <steven.casw...@gmail.com>
Subject [lang] Should RELEASE-NOTES.txt be copied into the source distribution?
Date Mon, 23 May 2005 22:11:41 GMT
All,

Gary ran across something that I hadn't run across due to how I was creating
the various distributions, and I'd like to ask for a concensus on how to
handle this. Here is the scenario:

1. Download the source distribution (i.e., commons-lang-2.1-whatever.zip)
2. Attempt to build a binary distribution using the ant script: $ ant
build.xml dist-build-2.1

This fails because the source distribution (build with maven) does not
include the release notes files RELEASE-NOTES.txt, which the ant build
assumes is available and tries to put into the binary distribution. The
obvious solution is to include RELEASE-NOTES.txt in the source distribution,
but I wanted make sure there wasn't anyone opposed to doing so.I'm going to
go ahead and rebuild the RC6 source distribution with this additional file,
and if there is any objection we can discuss.

TIA

--
Steven Caswell
steven.caswell@gmail.com