commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Gary Gregory" <ggreg...@seagullsoftware.com>
Subject RE: [lang] 2.1RC7 and java < 1.4 [WAS:] DateUtils test fails under 1.2.2 and not under 1.4.2
Date Sun, 29 May 2005 15:34:08 GMT
Steven:

"I actually overlooked your e-mail on this when I back through to decide
if we had resolved everything and I apologize for that."

No problem ;-)  Even though building on 1.3.1 (or < 1.4 in general) is
not showstopper issue for me I think we need to address it. I can't
imagine that we will not get a bug report that will lessen public
confidence for 1.3 support.

"I don't have any problem with your prosal to make Ant 1.6 a prereq, so
I'll put in my +1."

Here is what I propose baring any -1s from others: I'll make the changes
noted below while still using the "old" test invocation style for the
Enum/Enums test. This last class loading problem being a weird one. Hm,
now that I think about it the Enum/Enums will still fail on either 1.3
(no fix: old error; with fix: new class loading problem), sigh. I guess
I or someone else should dig into the class loading issue, which only
happens from the Ant CLI, not when I run the tests from Eclipse.

I'll try to get to this later today or tomorrow.

Gary