commons-dev mailing list archives

From Ceki Gülcü <lis...@qos.ch>
Subject [logging] test cases 1 to 4
Date Wed, 18 May 2005 15:58:05 GMT

Robert et al.,

Your test cases are self-describing and easy to follow. One can hardly
appreciate the work gone into putting in place something as delicate
and tedious as these test cases. Well done!

At first I was a bit puzzled that the static branch failed, and
initially suspected the correctness of the test cases. However, given their
construction, it is only normal for the static branch of tests 1 to 4
to fail. It actually goes to prove that the test framework is doing
its job correctly.

However, if the intention was to compare dynamic binding versus
static-binding, the setup of tests 1 to 4 is unrepresentative of the
static-binding case, unless I am missing the point. For tests 1-4, you
are demonstrating the fact that a parent class loader cannot see
resources available to its children. Isn't this kind of obvious?

--
Ceki Gülcü