commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Frank W. Zammetti" <fzli...@omnytex.com>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Commons Filters
Date Thu, 26 May 2005 23:42:52 GMT
Well, you are in a position to drive such a thing where I am not, so I
will keep an interested eye on how it goes... I will have some code to
contribute when it gets going.

I would also propose that what is currently in the Servlet package in
the sandbox probably makes sense in a Web Commons project.  There isn't
a ton there, but there is some stuff that could serve as a seed (albeit
a small one) for Web Commons.  I'd hate to see some potentially useful
code kind of wither away in a Servlet package that might not go much
further on its own.

Frank

Martin Cooper wrote:
> On 5/26/05, Simon Kitching <skitching@apache.org> wrote:
>
>>You might want to read this email thread:
>>
>>http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=jakarta-commons-dev&m=111231929725398&w=2
>

> That is in fact why I have not responded until now. As can be seen
> from that thread, I volunteered to sound out the Taglibs community
> prior to floating a "webapps commons" subproject. That's something I'm
> hoping to get to over the long weekend.
>
> --
> Martin Cooper
>

>>Regards,
>>
>>Simon
>>
>>--
>>A. Because it breaks the logical sequence of discussion
>>Q. Why is top posting bad?
>>
>>On Thu, 2005-05-26 at 18:47 -0400, Frank W. Zammetti wrote:
>>
>>>I take the silence, aside from Max that is, to mean there is no interest
>>>from the Commons dev community for this proposal?
>>>
>>>--
>>>Frank W. Zammetti
>>>Founder and Chief Software Architect
>>>Omnytex Technologies