commons-dev mailing list archives

From Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>
Subject Re: moving code from sandbox to proper - best practice?
Date Mon, 23 May 2005 17:44:54 GMT
Hi!

I wanted to start the move of VFS from sandbox to proper and wasnt aware
that these questions are not solved yet.

>The main question that needs resolving is:
> * should the code be MOVED from sandbox to proper, or COPIED?

I would like to tag the current sandbox to /tags/sandbox ...
>I think my preference would be
> * move the existing code to {proj}/tags/sandbox

... and then MOVE it to proper.

> * create a new sandbox/{proj} directory, containing just a README
>   that points to the new project.

I guess the last statement was not to leave any clutter.
I do not have any strong preferences here, but I think this README is
not needet as a active developer knows whats going on.

Should I copy the page
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-commons/MovingFromSandboxToProper to
MovingFromSandboxToProperSVN and record all my steps there?

---
Mario