commons-dev mailing list archives

From Fernando Nasser <fnas...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: [EL] Is it still alive?
Date Wed, 18 May 2005 13:13:46 GMT
It is certainly being used by many other projects (including Tomcat last
time I saw).

There is no real reason to change this until there is a change in the
JSP spec (except for bug fixes), so this can explain the inactivity.
I believe the 1.0 version is from 2003.

I am afraid however that the change mentioned below will break many of
them (if not all).  So any release should exclude this change (well,
adding the deprecation is OK).

Regards to all,
Fernando

Stephen Colebourne wrote:
> Since its creation, there have been very few mails
> about [el]. AFAIN thats because its stable.
>
> If its not, then fixing it and releasing sounds like a
> good plan.
>
> Stephen
>
> --- Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@apache.org> wrote:
>
>>Hi all,
>>
>>is anybody still actively working on/with
>>commons-el?
>>
>>Gump's build of the myfaces project has been failing
>>for quite some
>>time because it uses the latest release of
>>commons-el and a change in
>>CVS makes it impossible to use el's CVS HEAD
>>(org.apache.commons.el.Logger has been removed).
>>
>>If commons-el simply is "stable", can we release CVS
>>HEAD?  If it
>>still is under active development, could we please
>>re-add and
>>deprecate the class?
>>
>>Stefan

>>For additional commands, e-mail: