commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dirk Verbeeck <dirk.verbe...@pandora.be>
Subject Re: moving code from sandbox to proper - best practice?
Date Fri, 13 May 2005 08:10:04 GMT

I disagree, README is just clutter and should be removed.
We send out announcements on the mailing list and if people miss that
they can look at the website.
The complete list of components if on the commons homepage so with one
click you have a full overview.

-- Dirk

Rory Winston wrote:
> Good question. We did look at doing a sandbox cleanup when it was migrated from CVS to
SVN. I remember doing a list of dead projects that were still in sandbox. However, I agree
that having a sandbox/{project} dir with at the very least a README pointing to the new location
(for promoted components) would be useful.